My heart brakes for that little girl's family, not to mention how traumatic it must have been for those around her during those last moments. My sister-in-law, who is severely allergic to peanuts and all tree nuts, accidentally ate a cheese dip at her Chicago high school that had walnuts in it (she was a senior in high school) last year at this time and when she went to the nurse, she was so choked up that she couldn't even speak to convince the nurse that she had an epi pen and documentation on file (something wrong with that picture? They even have to wear their IDs at school, so the nurse could have at the very least checked). The nurse, after yelling AT her, sent her BACK TO CLASS. Thankfully, she still had the presence of mind and a couple of good friends who just walked out and WALKED her the 6 blocks to the nearest hospital but she was suffering the whole time. What really kills me is that that nurse still had her job afterward! I hope and pray that someday SOON the reality of food allergies sinks in to those in charge of protecting our families while they're away from our careful watch from board members to principals to teachers to parents of other children. As a teacher myself, I can't imagine wanting anything but the safety of everyone over whom I've been given charge. Thank you for ALL you do, not only the recipes but the advocacy for safer schools and the return of childhood to FA children! I do think you and all others like you make a difference, and the time WILL come when your prayers and concerns will be answered. In the meantime, let's all be extra cautious during these holidays!