More and more school and practice nurses, GPs and pharmacists will be involved in delivering flu vaccines to children as the National Childhood Influenza Immunisation programme expands this coming flu season.
This year, most eligible children aged 2, 3 & 4 years old, those in areas rolling out school programmes and in clinical risk groups will be offered Fluenz® Tetra▼live attenuated influenza vaccine (LAIV), a nasal spray vaccine.
To help support the immunisation programme, AstraZeneca UK is offering healthcare professionals the chance to attend an online webinar and educational training meetings in London, Birmingham and Cardiff, to provide you with all the necessary information and skills to support implementation, particularly around the administration of the nasal spray vaccine.
Delivered by leading experts:
• Dr George Kassianos, President, British Global & Travel Health Association
• Sharon White, Professional Officer, School and Public Health Nurses Association (SAPHNA)
The webinar and meetings will provide:
• Updated information on how to deliver the National Childhood Influenza Immunisation Programme
• Overview of Fluenz® Tetra to ensure confidence in administration
• A forum to ask leading experts questions
• Demonstration of nasal spray administration
DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS:
Webinar: 10 September 2014, 15:00 – 16:30
London: 17 September 2014, 13:00 – 15:30
Cardiff: 24 September 2014, 13:00 – 15:30
Birmingham: 1 October 2014, 13:00 – 15:30
HOW TO REGISTER: Advance registration is necessary to join the webinar and meetings. To register your interest and to receive further information please contact Red Door Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8392 8040.