National Clinical Lead for Nursing Anne Cooper urges SAPHNA members to get involved in the emerging virtual PHN network.
Viv Bennett, Director of Nursing DH/PHE recently spoke at the Chief Nursing Officer’s conference about the plans for public health nursing and it is clear that 2013 is likely to be an exciting year.
Network members will have the opportunity to be part of this work through:
- Advising on and reviewing draft national PHN policy
- Helping to create ideas to generate new approaches
- Being members of ‘task and finish’ groups
- Participating and leading workshops
- Promoting public health nursing through social media including blogs and twitter
In a letter to SAPHNA members, Anne Cooper wrote:
We are also likely to be holding a number of public health nursing events during the year.
Please also feel free to share this email with you colleagues who may also be interested or pass the word around using social media!
Please confirm your interest by responding with your name, title, organisation and email.
If you have a specific area of interest that would also be helpful.
Please can you also let me know if you are on twitter and you want me to include your twitter name?
Anne Cooper, National Clinical Lead for Nursing
DH Informatics Directorate